Tuesday 11 June 2013

Gatefold Vintage Card by designer of the month Lindsey Worth!




What I used:
Kaisercraft 75 cents collection – 12x12 papers and collectables
A5 gatefold card blank
Cream paper roses
Vintage Photo distress ink
Docrafts Lucy Cromwell stamp (or any happy birthday stamp)
Plain white paper






I created this gatefold card in a vintage style and used some of the butterfly elements from the collection as my main focus. The topper in the bottom right-hand corner was made by layering two of the collectable elements together with 3D foam; alternatively the other main image was cut from one of the papers. There is a sticker sheet included in the paper pack so I used some of the smaller elements, including a border and some corners, to frame the backing paper.
 





I also inked everything with Vintage Photo distress ink, which not only outlined all of the different elements, but also gave the card a more aged appearance.  I also used the ink to define the petals on the paper roses and make them match in with everything else. I added these to give the card texture and depth, plus they also work well as embellishments alongside the butterfly images. 





I decorated the inside with a contrasting floral paper, however it was too bold to write on, so I also cut a rectangle of white paper and stuck this on top. I added another of the collectable elements to the corner and stamped a greeting in the distress ink to finish it off.
 
 I hope you like it! 

Lindsey x



No comments:

Post a Comment